Title: Spa Manager
Our client a hotel situated in Watamu, Kenya which prides itself on having a culture of participative leadership is looking for a Spa Manager. The hotel is perfectly situated on the powder white sand beach of the Indian Ocean in Watamu, Kenya. This ground breaking hotel offers a range of luxury suites and villas, with views over tropical gardens and pools, tree top level penthouses with inner courtyards, and magnificent beach front villas. The hotel offers fine dining at their signature restaurant, the sophisticated, as well as our tropical coffee garden. On site facilities includes Tribe Watersports Centre, a fitness studio, the luxury Spa offering 5 treatment rooms, state of the art conference facilities and a choice of exclusive spaces for meetings and weddings.
Set high above tropical garden, the Spa is a unique relaxation and therapy experience. Our talented team of therapists have been individually trained creating the first Africology Ocean Spa in Kenya. The Eco friendly ethos is inspired by nature's pharmacy, using healing ingredients from indigenous African plants creating inspired treatments for your mind, body and soul. The spa offers personalised and pampering packages, both within the Spa and in a client’s own unit, (at a small extra charge.). They also sell Africology products and exclusive jewellery. Spa is open daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide strategic leadership and manage the operation of the spa, drive spa team to achieve its financial goals, and ensure a unique and great Spa experience to all its guests while maintaining the Spa and the hotel’s brand standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically direct the progress and performance of the business through sales and marketing and take ownership and responsibility in order to ensure maximum revenue.
- Ensures consistent Spa / wellness experience development to ensure that innovation and uniqueness is maintained.
- Monitor and analyse the products and services of competitive Spas, to maintain a competitive advantage
- Review all guest feedback results to implement improvements and ensure guests satisfaction
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the Spa.
- Implement and monitor up-selling strategies to maximise Spa revenue.
- Liaise with maintenance department to ensure properly monitored repair works are efficiently delivered in the Spa to ensure guests satisfaction with the hotel products
- Ensure proper inventories of all operating Spa equipment are conducted in line with audit standards in order to effectively manage cost
- To be the main point of contact for members and hotel guests to direct questions or complaints to.
- To maximize profit through driving revenues and controlling costs within the business.
- To manage and assess the team performance and direct the team to achieve success where everyone contributes.
- Continually research and develop new spa experiences, treatments & products and liaise with suppliers in this regard to maintain innovation and originality.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing department to develop relationship with media, local businesses and potential guests to create positive public relations.
- Ensure that the Spa team adhere to all hotel and company standards, business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health, Hygiene, Emergency, Fire Prevention, Safety and maintain confidentiality for all guests and colleagues.
- To be an active role model to the entire Spa team ensuring the lines of communication are always open and regular meetings and coaching sessions are hosted
- To develop promotions and packages in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing and F&B departments
- To be active in the support of other hotel departments where Spa and retail can provide assistance where appropriate
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
- Degree/Diploma in Spa Management /beauty therapy/physiotherapy or Certified Practicing Aesthetician (CPAs)
- Certificates in Health and Safety (Desirable)
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a five star luxury hotel with spa
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in a high volume Spa operation
- Microsoft Office applications
- High level of written and verbal business English
- Basic Knowledge on Africology Products
- Basic Knowledge on use of POS and Fiesta operating system
If interested kindly send your CV to email@example.com on or before 29th January, 2016